This post may contain
We all know we need to drink more water but for some of us, it seems to be a lot harder to guzzle it down? It’s been said that our bodies are 80% water so we definitely should be replenishing our bodies with more water. Even if we don’t see actual sweat glistening on our skin, we lose a lot of water throughout the day.
This past year, I’ve made it a mission to get more water daily, so far I’ve been successful in getting more water in my body than ever before. Here’s how.
- Try Sparkling Water. It is my number one way to get more water in daily. Instead of buying bottles of it, I have now resorted to making my own fizzy water too. I purchased this lovely soda stream kit and now my water is just the right fizz for me.
- Carry It with You. I walk with my water everywhere. It’s in the car, it’s there for breaks at work, it’s next to me at lunch.
- Use an app to track it. My protein shake. In my opinion, this counts towards my water usage. It is a liquid after all.
- Drink after Meals. Sometimes your meal is rushed or you only have a 30 minute lunch hour that only allows for eating. However, you should really consider getting a few large sips in either in between or after your meals as much as you can.
- Drink After Bathroom Breaks. Provided you get a bathroom break. Always try to make it a habit to drink right after. It’s a good habit to get used to and will help you get your water intake up.
- Invest In A Filter. If you don’t like the way your pipe water tastes at home, a filter might help. Certain towns have questionable items in their water so having a filtration system might be the best way to go. If you can’t get a filtration system in your house, you can try some portable ones like these.
- Know How Much You Need. We’ve all heard and read that you should try to get 8 glasses of water in a day. But, I’d like to think that we all come in different shapes and sizes and a one size fits all regimen might not work for everyone. An athlete doing strenuous running is going to need more water than someone sitting at their desk all day.
- Large Water Bottles Help. The bigger the water bottle the fewer bottles you have to carry around. Hopefully, you’ve gotten rid of the disposable plastic bottles and are using some reusable version. It saves you money and saves the planet.
- Flavor It Up. Water infused with fruit might be just what you need to get more water in daily. They’re very trendy right now and can certainly give you the motivation to get your water in.
Do you have any other ways to get more water daily?